RECOMMENDATION TO THE PARENTS
As Education is primarily the responsibility of the parents, they are expected to co-operate with the school community with regard to pupils’ integral growth. Therefore parents are requested to follow up the child in its process of growth and maintain a cordial, co-operative relationship with the school authorities. Hence every parent is expected to attend the formative meetings and respond whole-heartedly to the disciplinary rules of the School. The entrusting of a pupil to the school implies that parents agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the School.
Parents should see that their children prepare home lessons properly and devote at least 2-3 hours in the evening to their studies.
ORDINARY WAYS TO HELP YOUR CHILDREN LEARN EXTRAORDINARILY
- 1. Provide a fairly convenient place for his/her study at home.
- 2. Make a study time-table for his/her written work at least once a week.
- 3. Supervise all his /her written work at least once a week.
- 4. School bags carried daily to school have to be light, 10% of the child’s weight. Check the bag regularly and ensure it is as per the rules laid down for light bags.
- 5. Assist your child in filling and see that the books and pages are in good condition always.
- 6. Provide your child with the healthysnacks and nutritious food. NO JUNK FOOD will be permitted.
- 7. Parents kindly sign the remarks of teachers, given in the almanac regularly.
- 8. Review your children’s text books so that you know what they are learning in school.
- 9. Reinforce what children are learning in school by having them to teach you their newly learned skills.
- 10. Praise their efforts, not just their accomplishments.
- 11. Stress positive values – caring, loyalty, trust, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- 12. Use newspapers as ‘family’ textbooks : Use the world, National and Sports pages to discuss current events.
- 13. Limit TV watching – then spend some of this time watching programmes with your child. Pose questions about School, their teachers, friends and listen to what they tell you.
- 14. Show that you are interested in your children’s lives by asking about School, their teachers, friends and listen to what they tell you.
- 15. Give your child your undivided attention. Remember that you can’t compensate for your absence with gifts. “Being there for your child all the times is the best gift you can give her”.
- 16. Engage in a physical activity as a family: bike – ride together and take after – dinner walks, several times a week.
- 17. Know what is your child’s school records. Ask for clarifications, voice concerns.
- 18. Plan your family activities that relate to your children’s studies particularly not during their exam time.
- 19. You will make mistakes. Keep in mind that children do too